MIC’s Data Visualization, Analysis and Quantification Laboratory is dedicated to provide enhanced multi-modal image processing, analysis and visualization capabilities to capture information with high versatility and accuracy.
The laboratory works closely with a variety of domains ranging from basic sciences engineering and well equipped with state of the art computation- and software- / analysis- capabilities to handle big data (>100 GB).
Some standard procedures available in-house include:
- Visualize microstructures and qualify /quantify any dimension/signal in a quick and non-destructive process.
- Assess material properties (density, texture etc.) and morphology at multiple levels of hierarchy using variable resolutions.
- Accurately, precisely establish quality control, failure analysis and material research across various industries.
Some domain specific analysis include:
- Multi-modal 2D/ 3D and 4D image analysis: Combining a variety of imaging data on a common platform to enhance the detectability / visualization of complex mechanisms that cannot be identified using a single modality. Some commonly used modalities include PET/CT, PA/US, PET/MR
- 3D and 4D Image guided injections: Stepwise mechanical movements are carried out with live images of the progress recorded by our scanners. Some common applications include injection of cells into pups using US.
- Shape and curvature analysis
- Image Registration
- Automated Segmentation
- Mesh generation for CAD and FE models.
- Material characterization: structure and geometry analysis